Birthdays come and go at the office, but you’re hoping to up your greeting card game this year. You want to make sure you write something that won’t make your coworkers yawn and instantly toss away your card – but, where do you start? What on earth should you write that they will genuinely appreciate?
10 Ideas to Spark Your Creativity
Look no further – we’ll help you brainstorm. You’ll have the perfect card written in no time at all! Remember, the fact that you took the time to write something for your coworker will mean more than a stock greeting card, anyway.
Looking for a funny message to include for someone you are close with? Try out some of these greetings in your head before you jot them down on a fancy card! If your coworker has a nickname, you could pop it into your card, too.
- Happy birthday, Joe! I thought about writing a happy birthday for every year you’ve attained, but I don’t have enough space. Joking, hope you have a great day!
- Hey, Joe! Wishing you the best birthday ever – I even swiped 10 of the candles from the breakroom so you can feel a bit younger today! Happy (37th), bud.
- Joe, I know I said I wouldn’t make a big deal out of your birthday, but here’s this card. It says stuff, and I figured you were worth the effort. Happy birthday!
- Hey Joe. I asked the new guy how old he thought you were, and he said 30! It’ll be our secret. Happy birthday! Hope you keep looking this good for years to come.
- Happy birthday, Joe! Make sure to bring me some of your leftover cake tomorrow. Just kidding, hope you have a great time with your family tonight.
Not quite as close to your coworker as that? Maybe you want to write a birthday card to someone who is new, or an intern! For people you don’t know quite as well, these would do just as well.
- Happy birthday, Joseph! I hope you have a great year; wishing you all the best.
- Wishing you a happy birthday, today, Joseph. It’s been great getting to know you the past few months! Here’s to another awesome year.
- Happy birthday and heartfelt wishes to you, Joseph! I hope this next year brings you all that you hope for.
- Happy birthday, Joseph; one more year gone, but so many left to go! I hope you achieve all that you hope to this year.
- A very special birthday wish to you, Joseph. The team and I pitched in for a cake, we hope you enjoy it!