It’s that time of year again- the perfect opportunity to deck your halls with holiday cheer. But before you go out and spend money on decorations, take a look at these tips for decorating the office for the holidays. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Think about how festive you want your workspace to be. If you have a lot of employees who work from home, then it might not make sense to deck out their desks with tons of holiday decoration since they won’t see them anyway!
- Some people prefer just a few simple pieces while others enjoy getting really creative and going all out with garlands, lights, ornaments, etc. If it’s appropriate in your industry or company culture (or if some coworkers are known as Grinches!) be wary about using too much red and green garland or tinsel.
- If you do decide to get creative, set a budget beforehand so that you don’t go overboard with spending on decorations! Instead of buying holiday-themed trinkets for everyone in your office, consider asking them to bring their own homemade treats instead.
- It’s important to remember to be inclusive of all faiths. If you’re going to have a nativity scene or menorah in your office, make sure there’s also a space for other religious symbols.
- Try using homemade treats instead of store-bought ones to save money. Consider asking coworkers to contribute homemade treats instead of store-bought cakes and cookies.
When it comes to decorating the office for the holidays, remember that less is more. You don’t want to overwhelm your coworkers or create too much of a distraction from work. But with a few simple items, you can create a festive atmosphere that will brighten up everyone’s day (and probably get them into the holiday spirit too!)
Happy decorating! 🙂