Parents, you have a busy year ahead of you! Not only do you have to prepare for the new school year and all that entails but it’s also time to plan your fall schedule. Back to school is an exciting time for kids and parents alike. For many families, it also means a lot more stress during the day to accommodate work schedules with school routines. Here are some back-to-school tips that will help get your whole family ready for a great school year:
1) Make sure your child is up to date with their vaccinations so they can attend school. You might also need a booster shot for some of these vaccines, so make sure to talk with your doctor about what you need.
2) Create an emergency contact list in case something happens during the day. List any relatives, friends, neighbors that could help you in an emergency.
3) Find out what kind of accommodations might be available for children who need them so you know where to go if there is ever an issue. In addition, if there are any changes related to childcare or after-school care arrangements, talk with your new employer about these needs as soon
4) Get organized! Make sure everything (clothes, supplies, etc.) is ready to go before the day starts so there are no distractions. You might need to make a last-minute school supply run after work, or even better, Amazon!
5) Create a schedule that takes into account your responsibilities as a parent. Consider the hours of daycare, after-school activity and evening work commitments when drawing up a schedule for each member of the family.
6) See if you can accommodate your work schedule to that of your child’s school day. Maybe your boss is willing to let you come in an hour early to accommodate for the afternoon pick up. If you can’t, make sure there are at least two adults available for pick-up and drop-off at each location.